Monday, November 23, 2009

Walk with Victory!

I remember playing basketball and walking off the court sometimes we won and sometimes we lost. Every time we lost I would walk off the court with my head down wondering what I could of done to help win. I would hold my self responsible thinking if I could do more I would've changed the outcome. My coach would see me and tell me that I can't change the past so just let it go and focus on the next one. The next one would come and when we won. My attitude was totally different. My walk was different, I was proud of the team and would walk with a big smile and confidence knowing that if we played them again we would be able to win. In life a lot of people do the same thing. When hard times come people walk with there head down thinking what they could of done to change the outcome. We can't change the past, so there is no point in thinking that you could of done something different. In life there is no excuses, only solutions. When I played basketball I always made a reason to why we lost. But what I should of done is find ways to make things better. In basketball it's not how great of a player you are...it's how much confidence do you have in your ability to play the game. Same goes for us as Christians it's not whether we are great Christians or not. It's how much of Christ lives in us and our ability to have Him direct our life.

Anybody that believes is already in victory. Christ already won the game for us, so there is no need to be ashamed any longer. No need to walk with your head down. No need to stress about things that have no meaning. I know it's hard not to stress about bills and money but be thankful for what you do have. So we have bills...we also have life and the gift of air to breathe. We have no money...but we have the freedom of religion, we have the freedom to visit the park or beach and see the beauty of God. We have no jobs....but we have the ability to still help people in need. Like praying for the homeless or the sick. God will always take care of us. His promise says He will never give you more than you can bear. I remember seeing the movie the Wizard of Oz and wanting to go down that road. While Dorothy walked down the road they had hope. But my hope isn't found in Dorothy it's found in JESUS! My path isn't down a yellow brick road. My path leads to a ROAD PAVED WITH GOLD! Every body who believes has hope in the one true God so WALK WITH VICTORY!

Yesus Gitano,

Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment