Monday, November 9, 2009

People Mover

I remember when I was a kid a ride at Disneyland called the People Mover. It was simple all it did was move people around. In a sense that is what God requires of us to be, people movers. Every one of us has the ability to change somebody's path. God wants us to change people from self to God, if He didn't then we would all be isolated. Like my Pastor said we all have divine appointments. I had one yesterday that I honestly didn't meet. I went to get food last night and the guy taking my order had a disability. It seemed that he had trouble walking and I felt a tug on my heart to tell this guy Jesus can heal his disability. I felt that if I just put hands on him and pray that God would fix him. But I didn't! My heart was ready to just do it...but the more I thought about it...the more my mind came into play. I started telling myself do I have that much faith that I can heal this person with God's help. What if the guy really believed and nothing happens...he's going to get mad at me. Also there were a lot of people around. I missed it. I missed my chance to be a good Samaritan. When I was leaving and got in my car I felt so guilty that I had the chance to be a People Mover and yet I didn't even move. Imagine if this guy was completley healed and could now walk properly or better yet run. His life would've have been changed and I believe he would've been a great witness.

My heart felt so sad because I didn't do anything but when I got home the Lord spoke to me through my 9 year old son. I explained what had happened to my wife and my son. Then my son said something that 9 year old don't usually say. He said maybe God was showing you how blessed you are. I said what do you mean, my son said well there is that story about the guy who always complained about his shoes until he met a man that had no feet. My son said maybe God wanted you to see how blessed you are. It was so great to know that even if you miss a divine appointment God still shows you how blessed you are. Yes I didn't help that man at that moment but that doesn't mean I can't pray for him. It doesn't mean that I will never see him again or have another chance to help someone else. With this story I want to make 3 points. Number 1 is that don't be afraid when you have divine appointment. Don't lack the faith or strength to help you do what is right. Remember the Bible says the Holy Spirit will always direct in what to say and what to do. Just have trust. Number 2 if you do miss an appointment don't feel guilty or put your head down. God still loves you and He knows your heart. Everyone falters just don't give up and know that you are blessed. Number 3 is let God make you a People Mover...Let God move in your life and then you'll be able to move in others. Remember it's okay to miss an appointment but don't miss your chance to make up for it. Be a People Mover not a Slow Poke!!

Yeus Gitano,

Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment