Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sow My Lips!

Yesterday I started thinking how awesome our God is. When God created us, He did it with a purpose. We were created so perfectly or were we? I heard a story yesterday about someone using something God gave them in a wrong way and I started thinking. I stood in front of a mirror and I was looking at God's creation and I said wait a minute. Something seems out of place. Something doesn't seem right and I wondered why God would do that. As I looked, I saw everything I had came in pairs. I had two ears, two eyes, one nose but with two nostrils, two arms, two hands, two legs, and many more. I then realized why then do I only have one mouth. Did my super powerful God...The one that gives light to the world make a mistake. Did He just get so tired from creating that He was like oh well the people look fine with just one mouth? From my walk with the Lord everything that I've come to know is that God doesn't make mistakes. He gave us one mouth on purpose. As I looked in the mirror some more and saw all the pairs...I wondered why God gave us one mouth on purpose.

God knows what He is doing. He leaves nothing left to doubt. In His word there are many verses letting us know why we have only one mouth like in Psalms and Proverbs. I'm going to break it down why God did this. It's actually pretty simple. I have never met anyone who always said the right things. Everyone at some point in time or another has hurt someone using their mouth or has hurt themselves. With one mouth it's so easy to lie, imagine if we had two. Lies would be everywhere. With our mouths we have the power to destroy with words of discouragement, criticism, and gossip. But God knew this and in so He gave you one mouth. God knows everything, so He also gave you something else that does not come in a pair. Your heart! If you put your heart and your mouth together you can create beauty. God knew that one heart meant one love and one mouth meant one voice. Use your love and your voice to help others. We have two ears so we can hear heartache. We have two eyes so we can see right and wrong. We have two arms so we can embrace unity. We have two legs to stomp on injustice. Yet, we have but one heart to love the world and one voice to try and save it. There are times where I need God to Sow My Lips but I know that God gave me one mouth for a reason. To anybody reading this, LET GOD USE YOUR VOICE TO SAVE THE WORLD!

Yesus Gitano,

Carlos

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! God help me use my one mouth well, shut me up and then open my mouth to speak right. Great words today Carlos.

    ReplyDelete