Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Judged!

I had an appointment to see a judge today regarding a case I had. As I sat in the courtroom I saw more and more people stand in front of the judge. They were scared and nervous at first but as the Judge handed down fines and probation they seemed to be relieved that it wasn't more serious. When it was my turn to stand in front of the Judge I was nervous because here was a man who had the power to determine a mans fate. At any given moment as the people plead guilty to there charges, he had the power to take there freedom. As my case was presented, the Judge dismissed my case. I walked out of the courtroom saying to myself I do not want to ever be standing in front of a Judge again. Then I thought about God. He is the public defender, and also Judge. God does not want to see anyone perish. He strategically places His servants in places to help you on your path to Him. To help you believe, to help you understand, but most importantly to help you when you fall. Even when you don't want God the defender in your life. He loves you so much He is still willing to help you. He wants to defend you against all evil but you have to choose Him. Not only choose Him but trust Him so He can show you the glory. Mostly every body in this world lives by seeing is believing. There will come a day where every knee shall bow because they will see Jesus. For people who believe right now...seeing is not believing. Believing is knowing that God is with you. Knowing that God will never abandon you.

God is also the Judge. As in my case God will sit before the throne and view your life. He will go over your case details and make a decsion based on what you believe. Remember your reward is for how well you followed God but your entry into Heaven is based on what you believe. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking on how good they are or how much they give will get them into Heaven. Ehhhh! Wrong God doesn't care how much you give...He doesn't look at your wallet, He Judges your heart. Ephesians says that we are saved by grace. God gives us grace as a gift...not because of your good works. Of course we being servants our function as servants is to serve. Serve God and serve others. We don't serve to get on God's good side or to receive brownie points. We serve because of the joy of Christ that lives within us. One day everyone will be Judged by God but why wait till the end of your life to start making a difference. I don't want to stand in front of God and have any doubts. I want to stand in front of God and have Him say your case has been dismissed because of your faith in Me, because of your willingness to serve the Lord, and your undying love for my Word. I want God to look me in my eye and say WELCOME HOME GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT.

Yesus Gitano,

Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment