Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm Christian!

Being Christian isn't just showing up to Church on Sunday. It's more than just telling your neighbor you're Christian. You can actually be Christian without words because I can preach to someone without saying anything. A lot of people have the wrong idea about being Christian. They show up Sunday to Church ready to be Christian but during the week, there to busy to spend time with God. They pray once or twice a day or sometimes not at all during the day and call themselves Christian. Being Christian is to be plugged into God daily. A lot of people will say well I pray daily. Here is what I'm getting at. If you wake up and pray daily and the rest of the day is your time then you're not really plugged in. All you're doing is keeping a habit. The way to be Christian is to be Christ like. Jesus prayed all the time. He didn't have a set time when He prayed. His habit was to stay plugged in. You might say of course He was plugged in because He was God. What God requires for us to be called Christians is time. Time spent with Him, Time spent with the Word, and Time to share the Gospel. I am not trying to offend anyone with this article. I can say this because I call myself a Christian but don't spend a lot of time being a Christian. I am like the rest of the world wrapped up in distractions that I don't make time to spend with God.



Everybody looks to God when troubles arise but when the waters are calm they don't. Lets make this perfectly clear GOD IS NOT A GLORIFIED HANDYMAN! Somebody once told me that God fixes things for His love for people but He doesn't agree with the situation. I don't blame Him. If I knew someone that just came to me for money all the time but didn't want to spend time with me any other day. I would be upset to. I would help that person because I love people and I love to help but It would bother me. Being Christian is putting God first in everything. Not just on Sunday, not just when problems arise, or not when you feel like it. God is first in everything and above all. What makes you Christian is keeping an intimate relationship with God all the time. Praise God when your at your job, Praise God when your in your car, but Praise God all the time just because He loves you and He made you. Glorify God in everything that you have and do. Pray and talk to God all the time. Being Christian is hard at times but the reward will be worth it. So I encourage everybody to BE CHRISTIAN!



Yesus Gitano,


Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment