Friday, September 11, 2009

GOD'S WILL

IT IS BETTER, IF IT IS GOD’S WILL, TO SUFFER FOR DOING GOOD THAN DOING EVIL. 1 PETER 3:17


Wow it's been so long since I've been on here. I hear so many non believers use this term a lot without knowing the meaning behind it. Things like a baby is born without an arm…was that God’s will. Or a fire destroyed my home was that God’s will for me to be homeless. First off let me just say this God created us. And being his creation who are we to question anything he does. He could’ve destroyed us at any given moment because we disobeyed him. We chose to sin against him and because he loved us he sent his only Son to die for our sins. So honestly whatever God wants to do is okay by me. Secondly everybody has a purpose in life. We are designed for a reason. God plans everything out…things you might not understand or might not see at the moment but they are made with a direction.

I spoke to a lady once and she told me that she had a son who was born with a lung problem. He had to be on a respirator since he was born…she prayed to God everyday to heal her baby. After a couple of weeks the baby passed away. Now here is the question did God heal her baby? The outside world would say no. That God let the baby die…I believe not only did God answer her prayer. He healed her baby. He took the baby to be in Heaven with him where the baby will not suffer anymore. She asked for him to heal the baby and that’s what he did. She realized that God had done exactly what she asked for and praised him for it. A year later she had a beautiful healthy baby. Was God testing her faith? I believe so. I believe God wanted to see what would she do…and I think this is where our society loses. Our society is so easy to point fingers without fully understanding why. It is so easy to blame without taking a step back and seeing the whole picture. Most people can only see what’s in front of them. If I ask God make my life better and I get fired from my job. Am I asking for that? Not really but I understand because God knows that if I search for him he will provide. What better way of providing when I need it the most right. I think losing a job would be a perfect time. Or if someone would lose a house or a friend. There are many questions in life that have no answers and if I were, or anybody for that matter was able to answer them all. Then the God of Israel wouldn’t be almighty. The God who I praise and worship wouldn’t be so great. That is one of things I look forward to when I get to Heaven is being able to ask questions, but not now. Who am I to go against God’s will? Who am I to say why God this or why God that? I am a humble servant that needs nothing but grace and gives everything to him.

I understand what God’s will is. I know what his plan is. Is God’s will easy? That is the million dollar question and why so many get lost in the trials. 2 TIMOTHY 3:12 YES, AND ALL WHO DESIRE TO LIVE GODLY IN CHRIST JESUS WILL SUFFER PERSECUTION. I believe this is one of the main reasons why people falter. They don’t know how to rejoice during persecution. Persecution is not easy thing to handle. I remember when I was trying to reach people and over 90% of the people I tried reaching hated Jesus and we’re telling me really rude comments. This was a person who they never met, never did anything to them and they hated him. They hated me for trying to change there life. I found it disturbing that what I was trying to do God’s will and they despised me for it. In society a lot of people get judged because they don’t understand. I think Christians everyday get viewed under a microscope. People are looking for any reason to point fingers because they need a reason to continue to live the way they want. You see if you tell them the truth and they don’t want to hear it they try to find a fault or more simply an escape. Jesus said if you want to be like me then take up your cross and follow me daily. Being Christian is very hard. Believe me the more you try to reach the non believers the more they try to nail you to that cross. Jesus also said that when the world hates you…they have hated me first. So I know that if someone is rude to me. It’s okay because they just don’t understand. We as believers trust in God to give us the strength and wisdom needed to help people understand. God’s will is never easy to do and sometimes very hard to understand because people get comfortable with there lives or don’t see the big picture.

But one thing I do know about God’s will is that we were designed to live it out.


May God Bless You
Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment